Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shout Out To Norway

15 days before I leave for the time of my life, tragedy struck my life.  Many of you probably know what events have took place in Olso, Norway in the past few days. Though, I did not know anyone in the attacks personally, I still feel terrible. I have cried many hours for Norway. Because, even though I have never lived there and I am not fluent in norwegian, I feel that Norway is in my ways my home. I also consider Dillon, Colorado to be my home, but in a different way. I am a citizen of two countries. And that is how my heart feels. So on top of the many feelings that any exchange student feels before they leave for a year, you can now add depression and sadness to my list.


But this post isn't about me, it is about Norway and it is about all the lives lost in the attacks on my beautiful country. We love you. May all those hurt by this heal and become happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment