Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Well, I haven't said goodbye for a year...yet. But every time I look out my window and see peak one or Buffalo mountain, I think to myself "I have lived here my entire life and I have never once appreciated how amazing the mountains look" I am so aware of it when I think to myself that I only have 13, 12, 11, 10 days left. Though I still haven't grasped the fact that I am leaving my house for a year (and I don't think that I will until I am in Finland) it is because I am realizing that something will be different and finally for the first time in my life I am realizing how much I love my home. And when I look up at those mountains it makes me sad that I will not see them again for a year. But I have taken so many pictures of the mountains in the past couple weeks that I will have enough to keep me going.

I haven't said goodbye for the year with any of many of my friends. I had my going away party yesterday. It wasn't really a party, but more of a picnic with several of my close friends. It was seriously great. I am going to miss them a lot. But hopefully I will make tons of new friends, and friends that don't ask me to speak english, when I blurt out things in random languages. Though, I couldn't ask for better friends.
Peak One at Sunset 

Buffalo Mountain (Not the best picture of it I have) 

My friend, Reena, made me a shirt that I absolutely love! 

And all of my friends that were at my going away party signed it and wrote messages on the back 



When I think about leaving my friends and family and the mountains, I get sad. But this sadness easily disappears when I start packing. After all, it has been my lifelong dream to pack up, get on a plane by myself and fly away to some foreign land and speak some foreign language.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the mountains around me in NH... I look at them everyday and I know it will be difficult to leave these hills behind for a year!

    ReplyDelete