Friday, November 11, 2011

November Happenings

November is by far my favorite month of the year. Thanksgiving just makes it all so good. Not to mention it is around time that I am craving some snow. I get all of that in the US, and I should be able to have snow here too, but none yet......strange....

But November still has yet to dissapoint. It is the perfect temperature outside. Though, it is pretty freezing. My mexican friend is from Yucatan, and on Wednesday we saw each other and she was like "It's sooooooo cold!!!!" Haha, I can't wait to see her in the dead of winter! The cold feels really good. And I recently switched host families, which means I have a new bus route, and since I now live on an island, I see the ocean every day, and my bus route follows the river until I get to my school, so a couple times I have walked along the river instead of taking the bus and then just get on the bus at the last stop along the river. A couple days the sun was out and shining on the river, and it made the river so gorgeous!
















It also gets dark at like four here, which is kinda weird, some days I don't mind it, other days I feel like the days are way too short. But I have discovered that the cafe that all the exchange students meet in on Wednesdays, is really really nice when it's dark out. 


Also yesterday I got to model for my art class. When I asked the teacher if I could, she was so surprised because normally nobody ever wanted to be sketched, but I guess that is just another example of how much more outgoing americans are than finns in things like this. Being sketched was weird, but it was still pretty cool. There was a guy in the back of the room who kept smiling when he was drawing, I didn't want to see his drawing of me....

But I got some pictures of some of the best of the class' sketches. 







When I was being sketched, I couldn't help but think about the 12 pounds I have gained in the last few months, and all that chocolate I have been eating.....


No comments:

Post a Comment